I’ve really been digging this one lately. It’s simple, but still tasty. Probably there’s room for tasty flavor variations too.
- Carrots (1-2 lbs)
- 1/2-1 cup water or broth
- Curry powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Curry powder and fresh grated ginger
- Fresh herbs (oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, black pepper)
- Wash and slice the carrots (thinner will make them cook faster)
- Spread the carrots in a casserole dish
- Sprinkle the curry powder and salt on the carrots
- Pour in the water/broth
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour (this will make them nice and soft)
I’ve been eating this with plain yogurt as a dip/sauce. The tartness of the yogurt complements the sweetness of the carrots and the earthiness of the curry.