This one is quick and easy and nutritious, and easy on the innards. It’s a good option for me when a salad is too much to digest. It’s also a very forgiving recipe – and consequently my measurements are very approximate. I think you could use a variety of different herbs, and a lot more butter. 😉
- 2 c Greens of any sort. Spinach, kale, chard, collards, etc.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Sprinkling dill or sage or other herb
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If all your greens will cook in about the same amount of time, put butter, greens, and herbs in a pan on a low-medium heat. Cook until they are mostly soft.
- If the greens will take different amounts of time to cook, put butter, herbs, and longest cooking greens in the pan. As the longer-cooking greens soften, add the other greens. If you’ve done it perfectly, all the greens will get soft at the same time. If not, just keep cooking till everything is mostly soft.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and simmer for another minute.