This recipe could probably benefit from some sesame oil and garlic. But since I’m not eating either of those at the moment, you taste a little more of the subtle flavors of the carrots and bok choy.
- 2 baby bok choy
- 2 large-ish carrots
- 1 knob (1 inch) of ginger root (adjust based on how much you like ginger)
- 1/2 inch turmeric root
- 1 serving cooked chicken
- Olive oil (or other cooking fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the baby bok choy and chop into thin slices.
- Wash the carrots and grate them (I use a cheese grater).
- Shred or chop the chicken into little bits.
- Peel the ginger and turmeric roots and mince them.
- Toss everything together in a bowl with the oil and salt and pepper until everything is evenly coated.
- Stir fry to your desired level of softness. I like to cook till it’s fairly soft, and there’s occasional browning of the veggies. If you want crispier veggies, you might consider keeping the ginger and turmeric separate and stir frying them for a minute in the hot pan before adding the rest of the veggies. That way you’re not hit with raw ginger bits!